Saturday, December 1, 2007

Bone Marrow Drive

So there is a Bone Marrow Registration today after team training. For those of you who doesn't know what it is, some cancer patients need bone marrow transplants in order to survive. By storing your DNA sample in the bank, doctor can check to see if there is a possible match. I have been thinking for the whole week about this. From what I heard this can be very painful and poses some risks. To make the story short, I finally decided to register because Bone Marrow is something that I can regrow in a few weeks. There are risks involve but hey... if I don't donate to that someone that someone will die.

Teammate Dorian and her nephew Tyler. Tyler is our 5 year old honored teammate who is fighting the Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma diease. He is also Dorian's running coach! Tyler is an UCLA fan, if you guys have some Burins stuff and would like to give it to this little tropper, send it my way and I'll forward it to Tyler. Thanks!

No comments: