Sunday, August 31, 2008

Disneyland Half Marathon [1 of 3]

I have 3 events this weekend. Disneyland Half Marathon (Sunday Morning), The Nike Human Race 10K (Sunday Night), and Mt Baldy Run to the top (Monday Morning).

Let me first talk about Disney. I got there so early it's not even funny. Initally I was planning to be there around 4am in the morning to give myself around 2 hours to warm up...etc. But surprisingly there were no traffic at all and I got there at 3am in the morning!!! With nothing to do I just walk around, take pictures, and take to people around me. I found out that if you do both the Disneyworld marathon and Disneyland half marathon, you will get an extra medal. I am like... hmm... someone was very smart to come up with all these extra medals because I am a sucker for them. Well I'll do it one year. One thing I notice before the race is that my stomach doesn't feel that good but I can't do anything about it. I hope I am ok.

When it's finally time to go to the starting line, I bumped into a few SGV TNT Mentors. Since we are all in different corrals we quickly got seperated.
Me and other SGV Mentors

After more waiting the race finally started. We started from downtown Disney and we run outside of the street for a while. We then go into California Adventure. Right about that time Disney Characters start showing up. I started talking pictures with them, then I bump into Rosemary and Jeff (both TNT teammates). The 3 of us ran for a while, by that time we left California Adventure and started running in Disneyland. We separated soon after because I wanted to take a picture with Pinocchio so I told them to go ahead. I ran for a bit more and I saw all the Disney Princesses on the boat. I thought to myself, "So much for taking a picture with Snow White". After a bit of running around I exited Disneyland and start running on the street. By mile 6 I saw my friend Alice and I took a picture of her.

me inside Disneyland

By mile 8 my stomach is really acting up. I feel pain so I slow down. I tried to go to the restroom but I cannot go. I passed the Honda center and Angel Stadium but my stomach still hurt. Right before mile 10 I finally find a porta potty and I was able to go. I am so glad that there were no lines. As soon as I came out, I went back in again. Let's just say once again that I am glad there is no line. If there is a line, I wouldn't know what to say.

So after I don't know how long, I finally come out and started walking. I didn't want to start running right away because I want to warm up for a little bit and see how I feel. After 1 mile I dived in to another porta potty. By then I don't care about my time, I don't care about the medal, and I don't care about taking pictures with Snow White. All I care is to finish and go home.

Picture of me and lulu at mile 12 something??

After a long struggle I was finally near the finish line. I saw a TNT girl walking so I tap her shoulder and ask her to run me with (just like my guardian angel did to me in AFC). We finished the marathon with chipmunks at the finish line. I think that was awesome!

After talking pictures with this guy that I met on the HK running forum, I head home to prepare my second race. More to follow after Nike

No comments: