Saturday, October 13, 2007

Team In Training Kick Off Party

TNT Kick Off

During the TNT Info session I got a flyer about the TNT Spring Kick Off Party on 10/13/2007. I quickly realized that I am going to a 2 days Wilderness Travel Course backpacking trip that weekend with Robert Meyers. I gave it some thoughts and I decide to cancel my trip. Robert was very cool about it so Thank You Robert.

When I got to the place there was like a ton of people in gym. I found my team table and introduce myself to the staff. I picked up my singlet and realize that it is kind of tight. Knowing I will drop some weight in the next few weeks, I stick with size large. I would like to say here that a large singlet is smaller than a large T-Shirt OK!!!

After getting my singlet I walked around to the different information tables and got a lot of great idea about fundraising. One thing that caught my eye is this Win a Date with a Firemen or Police. Someone did a fundraiser where girls can bet for a date with Firemen or Polices. I thought about my male friends... and I was like... hmm... this is not going to work. So I move on. I stopped at the Ironman Triathlon and I dropped my jaw. Those people are doing a 2.4 mile swim following by 112 miles of bike ride and a marathon (26.2 miles). I think if I can do it... I will be... lean?

During the presentation a man in his late 20's talked about how cancer change his life when he was diagnosed at 17. During the last decade he had 3 different kind of cancers and a heart transplant. And guess what, he finished a triathlon after the transplant!

Offical training starts 10/17/2007

No comments: